Hi guys, this image is about At What Age Can You Shower A Puppy Design Inspirations #3 Start Bathing Puppies When They Are Young And Bath Time Could Be A Pleasant Experience For Everyone.. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 641 x 428. It's file size is only 22 KB. Wether You desired to download This post to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You might also see more photos by clicking the image below or see more at this post: At What Age Can You Shower A Puppy.
At What Age Can You Shower A Puppy Design Inspirations #3 Start Bathing Puppies When They Are Young And Bath Time Could Be A Pleasant Experience For Everyone. Pictures Album
For At What Age Can You Shower A Puppy Design Inspirations #3 Start Bathing Puppies When They Are Young And Bath Time Could Be A Pleasant Experience For Everyone. includes a natural spot that will generally be used as being a park place that'll be grown with various kinds of plants that can produce a beautiful and include the home and cosmetic value together. For that newest home garden decor is typical of two areas, raise and specifically the leading of the house.
In which each aspect certainly will be exciting to possess various characteristics and maximized so an attractive garden and features a specific area, and certainly will be modified for the needs of every house. Wildlife is one-part of the At What Age Can You Shower A Puppy Design Inspirations #3 Start Bathing Puppies When They Are Young And Bath Time Could Be A Pleasant Experience For Everyone. that can be made to see the whole-house appears attractive and more gorgeous. Sadly, you may still find many people who do not feel a lot of about designing the yard so the look of the house appears in the exterior to be less gorgeous and desirable.
To make a household garden decoration is front that is modern, there are some appealing suggestions that you could implement, and so the playground is not only a green area to position the crops grow properly, but additionally provides an aesthetic importance that is good to the house front. Hence become an added price towards the house with naturalness.
Atat1 (at; unstressed ət, it),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate a point or place occupied in space);
in, on, or near: to stand at the door; at the bottom of the barrel.
- (used to indicate a location or position, as in time, on a scale, or in order): at zero; at age 65; at the end; at the lowest point.
- (used to indicate presence or location): at home; at hand.
- (used to indicate amount, degree, or rate): at great speed; at high altitudes.
- (used to indicate a direction, goal, or objective);
toward: Aim at the mark. Look at that.
- (used to indicate occupation or involvement): at work; at play.
- (used to indicate a state or condition): at ease; at peace.
- (used to indicate a cause or source): She was annoyed at his stupidity.
- (used to indicate a method or manner): He spoke at length.
- (used to indicate relative quality or value): at one's best; at cost.
- be at (someone), to be sexually aggressive toward (a person): She's pregnant again because he's at her morning, noon, and night.
- where it's at, [Informal.]the place where the most interesting or exciting things happen: Emma says that Rome is definitely where it's at now.
Whatwhat (hwut, hwot, wut, wot; unstressed hwət, wət),USA pronunciation pron.
- (used interrogatively as a request for specific information): What is the matter?
- (used interrogatively to inquire about the character, occupation, etc., of a person): What does he do?
- (used interrogatively to inquire as to the origin, identity, etc., of something): What are those birds?
- (used interrogatively to inquire as to the worth, usefulness, force, or importance of something): What is wealth without friends?
- (used interrogatively to request a repetition of words or information not fully understood, usually used in elliptical constructions): You need what?
- (used interrogatively to inquire the reason or purpose of something, usually used in elliptical constructions): What of it?
- how much?: What does it cost?
- (used relatively to indicate that which): I will send what was promised.
anything that: Say what you please. Come what may.
- the kind of thing or person that: He said what everyone expected he would. They are just what I was expecting.
- as much as;
as many as: We should each give what we can.
- the thing or fact that (used in parenthetic clauses): He went to the meeting and, what was worse, insisted on speaking.
- (used to indicate more to follow, additional possibilities, alternatives, etc.): You know what? Shall we go or what?
- (used as an intensifier in exclamatory phrases, often fol. by an indefinite article): What luck! What an idea!
- don't you agree?: An unusual chap, what?
who: She's the one what told me.
- Say what? (used esp. among teenagers) What's that you say? Would you repeat that?
- So what? (an expression of disinterest, disinclination, or contempt.)
- what have you, other things of the same kind;
so forth: money, jewels, stocks, and what have you.
- what for:
- why: What are you doing that for?
- a punishment or scolding.
- what if, what would be the outcome if;
suppose that: What if everyone who was invited comes?
- what it takes, something that enables one to achieve success or attain a desired end, as good looks, ability, or money: There's a young woman who has what it takes to get along in the world.
- what's what, the true situation;
all the facts: It's high time you told him what's what.
- the true nature or identity of something, or the sum of its characteristics: a lecture on the whats and hows of crop rotation.
- (used interrogatively before nouns): What news? What clothes shall I pack?
- whatever: Take what supplies you need.
- to what extent or degree? how much?: What does it matter?
- (used to introduce a prepositional phrase beginning with with): What with storms and all, their return was delayed.
- [Obs.]for what reason or purpose? why?
- (used in exclamatory expressions, often fol. by a question): What, no salt?
- [Older Use.]as much as;
as far as: He helps me what he can.
- but what, but that;
who or that … not: Who knows but what the sun may still shine.
Ageage (āj),USA pronunciation n., v., aged, ag•ing or age•ing.
- the length of time during which a being or thing has existed;
length of life or existence to the time spoken of or referred to: trees of unknown age; His age is 20 years.
- a period of human life, measured by years from birth, usually marked by a certain stage or degree of mental or physical development and involving legal responsibility and capacity: the age of discretion; the age of consent; The state raised the drinking age from 18 to 21 years.
- the particular period of life at which a person becomes naturally or conventionally qualified or disqualified for anything: He was over age for military duty.
- one of the periods or stages of human life: a person of middle age.
- advanced years;
old age: His eyes were dim with age.
- a particular period of history, as distinguished from others;
a historical epoch: the age of Pericles; the Stone Age; the age of electronic communications.
- the period of history contemporary with the span of an individual's life: He was the most famous architect of the age.
- a generation or a series of generations: ages yet unborn.
- a great length of time: I haven't seen you for an age. He's been gone for ages.
- the average life expectancy of an individual or of the individuals of a class or species: The age of a horse is from 25 to 30 years.
- the level of mental, emotional, or educational development of a person, esp. a child, as determined by various tests and based on a comparison of the individual's score with the average score for persons of the same chronological age.
- a period of the history of the earth distinguished by some special feature: the Ice Age.
- a unit of geological time, shorter than an epoch, during which the rocks comprising a stage were formed.
- any of the successive periods in human history divided, according to Hesiod, into the golden, silver, bronze, heroic, and iron ages.
- [Poker.]the first player at the dealer's left. Cf. edge (def. 10a).
- See eldest hand.
- of age:
- being any of several ages, usually 21 or 18, at which certain legal rights, as voting or marriage, are acquired.
- being old enough for full legal rights and responsibilities.
- to grow old: He is aging rapidly.
- to mature, as wine, cheese, or wood: a heavy port that ages slowly.
- to make old;
cause to grow or seem old: Fear aged him overnight.
- to bring to maturity or a state fit for use: to age wine.
- to store (a permanent magnet, a capacitor, or other similar device) so that its electrical or magnetic characteristics become constant.
Cancan1 (kan;[unstressed]kən),USA pronunciation auxiliary v. and v., pres. sing. 1st pers. can, 2nd can or ([Archaic]) canst, 3rd can, pres. pl. can* past sing. 1st pers. could, 2nd could or ([Archaic]) couldst, 3rd could, past pl. could. For auxiliary v.: imperative, infinitive, and participles lacking. For v. (Obs.): imperativecan;
past part. could;
- to be able to;
have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.
- to know how to: He can play chess, although he's not particularly good at it.
- to have the power or means to: A dictator can impose his will on the people.
- to have the right or qualifications to: He can change whatever he wishes in the script.
have permission to: Can I speak to you for a moment?
- to have the possibility: A coin can land on either side.
- [Obs.]to know.
Youyou (yo̅o̅; unstressed yŏŏ, yə),USA pronunciation pron., poss. your or yours, obj. you, pl. you;
n., pl. yous.
- the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective case: You are the highest bidder. It is you who are to blame. We can't help you. This package came for you. Did she give you the book?
people in general: a tiny animal you can't even see.
- (used in apposition with the subject of a sentence, sometimes repeated for emphasis following the subject): You children pay attention. You rascal, you!
- [Informal.](used in place of the pronoun your before a gerund): There's no sense in you getting upset.
yourselves: Get you home. Make you ready.
- a pl. form of the pronoun ye.
- something or someone closely identified with or resembling the person addressed: Don't buy the bright red shirt—it just isn't you. It was like seeing another you.
- the nature or character of the person addressed: Try to discover the hidden you.
Showershow•er1 (shou′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a brief fall of rain or, sometimes, of hail or snow.
- Also called show′er bath′. a bath in which water is sprayed on the body, usually from an overhead perforated nozzle(showerhead).
- the apparatus for this or the room or stall enclosing it.
- a large supply or quantity: a shower of wealth.
- a party given for a bestowal of presents of a specific kind, esp. such a party for a prospective bride or prospective mother: a linen shower; a baby shower.
- a fall of many objects, as tears, sparks, or missiles.
- See air shower.
- showers, a room or area equipped with several showerheads or stalls for use by a number of people at the same time.
- send to the showers, [Baseball.]
- to replace (a pitcher) during a game, usually because he or she is ineffective: The coach sent him to the showers after he walked three batters in a row.
- to cause (a pitcher) to be replaced in a game, as by getting many hits off him or her;
knock out of the box: Two home runs and a line-drive double sent her to the showers.
- to bestow liberally or lavishly.
- to deluge (a person) with gifts, favors, etc.: She was showered with gifts on her birthday.
- to bathe (oneself ) in a shower bath.
- to rain in a shower.
- to take a shower bath.
Puppypup•py (pup′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -pies.
pup′py•hood′, pup′py•dom, n.
- a young dog, esp. one less than a year old.
- [Fox Hunting.]a foxhound that has hunted regularly for less than one season.
- pup (def. 2).
- a presuming, conceited, or empty-headed young man.
Designde•sign (di zīn′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to prepare the preliminary sketch or the plans for (a work to be executed), esp. to plan the form and structure of: to design a new bridge.
- to plan and fashion artistically or skillfully.
- to intend for a definite purpose: a scholarship designed for foreign students.
- to form or conceive in the mind;
plan: The prisoner designed an intricate escape.
- to assign in thought or intention;
purpose: He designed to be a doctor.
- [Obs.]to mark out, as by a sign;
- to make drawings, preliminary sketches, or plans.
- to plan and fashion the form and structure of an object, work of art, decorative scheme, etc.
- an outline, sketch, or plan, as of the form and structure of a work of art, an edifice, or a machine to be executed or constructed.
- organization or structure of formal elements in a work of art;
- the combination of details or features of a picture, building, etc.;
the pattern or motif of artistic work: the design on a bracelet.
- the art of designing: a school of design.
- a plan or project: a design for a new process.
- a plot or intrigue, esp. an underhand, deceitful, or treacherous one: His political rivals formulated a design to unseat him.
- designs, a hostile or aggressive project or scheme having evil or selfish motives: He had designs on his partner's stock.
- adaptation of means to a preconceived end.
Startstart (stärt),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to begin or set out, as on a journey or activity.
- to appear or come suddenly into action, life, view, etc.;
rise or issue suddenly forth.
- to spring, move, or dart suddenly from a position or place: The rabbit started from the bush.
- to be among the entrants in a race or the initial participants in a game or contest.
- to give a sudden, involuntary jerk, jump, or twitch, as from a shock of surprise, alarm, or pain: The sudden clap of thunder caused everyone to start.
- to protrude: eyes seeming to start from their sockets.
- to spring, slip, or work loose from place or fastenings, as timbers or other structural parts.
- to set moving, going, or acting;
to set in operation: to start an automobile; to start a fire.
- to establish or found: to start a new business.
- to begin work on: to start a book.
- to enable or help (someone) set out on a journey, a career, or the like: The record started the young singer on the road to stardom.
- to cause or choose to be an entrant in a game or contest: He started his ace pitcher in the crucial game.
- to cause (an object) to work loose from place or fastenings.
- to rouse (game) from its lair or covert;
- to draw or discharge (liquid or other contents) from a vessel or container;
empty (a container).
- [Archaic.]to cause to twitch, jump, or flinch involuntarily;
- a beginning of an action, journey, etc.
- a signal to move, proceed, or begin, as on a course or in a race.
- a place or time from which something begins.
- the first part or beginning segment of anything: The start of the book was good but the last half was dull.
- an instance of being a participant in a race or an initial participant in a game or contest: The horse won his first two starts.
- a sudden, springing movement from a position.
- a sudden, involuntary jerking movement of the body: to awake with a start.
- a lead or advance of specified amount, as over competitors or pursuers.
- the position or advantage of one who starts first: The youngest child should have the start over the rest.
- a chance, opportunity, aid, or encouragement given to one starting on a course or career: The bride's parents gave the couple a start by buying them a house.
- a spurt of activity.
- a starting of parts from their place or fastenings in a structure.
- the resulting break or opening.
- an outburst or sally, as of emotion, wit, or fancy.
Whenwhen (hwen, wen; unstressed hwən, wən),USA pronunciation adv.
- at what time or period? how long ago? how soon?: When are they to arrive? When did the Roman Empire exist?
- under what circumstances? upon what occasion?: When is a letter of condolence in order? When did you ever see such a crowd?
- at what time: to know when to be silent.
- at the time or in the event that: when we were young; when the noise stops.
- at any time;
whenever: He is impatient when he is kept waiting.
- upon or after which;
and then: We had just fallen asleep when the bell rang.
- while on the contrary;
whereas: Why are you here when you should be in school?
- what time: Till when is the store open?
- which time: They left on Monday, since when we have heard nothing.
- the time of anything: the when and the where of an act.
Areare1 (är; unstressed ər),USA pronunciation v.
pres. indic. pl. and 2nd pers. sing. of be.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Bathbath1 (bath, bäth),USA pronunciation n., pl. baths (baᵺz, bäᵺz, baths, bäths),USA pronunciation v.
- a washing or immersion of something, esp. the body, in water, steam, etc., as for cleansing or medical treatment: I take a bath every day. Give the dog a bath.
- a quantity of water or other liquid used for this purpose: running a bath.
- a container for water or other cleansing liquid, as a bathtub.
- a room equipped for bathing;
bathroom: The house has two baths.
- a building containing rooms or apartments with equipment for bathing;
- Often, baths. one of the elaborate bathing establishments of the ancients: the baths of Caracalla.
- Usually, baths. a town or resort visited for medical treatment by bathing or the like;
- a preparation, as an acid solution, in which something is immersed.
- the container for such a preparation.
- a device for controlling the temperature of something by the use of a surrounding medium, as sand, water, oil, etc.
- the depressed hearth of a steelmaking furnace.
- the molten metal being made into steel in a steelmaking furnace.
- the state of being covered by a liquid, as perspiration: in a bath of sweat.
- take a bath, [Informal.]to suffer a large financial loss: Many investors are taking a bath on their bond investments.
- to wash or soak in a bath.
Timetime (tīm),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., timed, tim•ing.
- the system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future;
indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.
- duration regarded as belonging to the present life as distinct from the life to come or from eternity;
- (sometimes cap.) a system or method of measuring or reckoning the passage of time: mean time; apparent time; Greenwich Time.
- a limited period or interval, as between two successive events: a long time.
- a particular period considered as distinct from other periods: Youth is the best time of life.
- Often, times.
- a period in the history of the world, or contemporary with the life or activities of a notable person: prehistoric times; in Lincoln's time.
- the period or era now or previously present: a sign of the times; How times have changed!
- a period considered with reference to its events or prevailing conditions, tendencies, ideas, etc.: hard times; a time of war.
- a prescribed or allotted period, as of one's life, for payment of a debt, etc.
- the end of a prescribed or allotted period, as of one's life or a pregnancy: His time had come, but there was no one left to mourn over him. When her time came, her husband accompanied her to the delivery room.
- a period with reference to personal experience of a specified kind: to have a good time; a hot time in the old town tonight.
- a period of work of an employee, or the pay for it;
working hours or days or an hourly or daily pay rate.
- a term of enforced duty or imprisonment: to serve time in the army; do time in prison.
- the period necessary for or occupied by something: The time of the baseball game was two hours and two minutes. The bus takes too much time, so I'll take a plane.
- leisure time;
sufficient or spare time: to have time for a vacation; I have no time to stop now.
- a particular or definite point in time, as indicated by a clock: What time is it?
- a particular part of a year, day, etc.;
season or period: It's time for lunch.
- an appointed, fit, due, or proper instant or period: a time for sowing; the time when the sun crosses the meridian; There is a time for everything.
- the particular point in time when an event is scheduled to take place: train time; curtain time.
- an indefinite, frequently prolonged period or duration in the future: Time will tell if what we have done here today was right.
- the right occasion or opportunity: to watch one's time.
- each occasion of a recurring action or event: to do a thing five times; It's the pitcher's time at bat.
- times, used as a multiplicative word in phrasal combinations expressing how many instances of a quantity or factor are taken together: Two goes into six three times; five times faster.
- [Drama.]one of the three unities. Cf. unity (def. 8).
- [Pros.]a unit or a group of units in the measurement of meter.
relative rapidity of movement.
- the metrical duration of a note or rest.
- proper or characteristic tempo.
- the general movement of a particular kind of musical composition with reference to its rhythm, metrical structure, and tempo.
- the movement of a dance or the like to music so arranged: waltz time.
- rate of marching, calculated on the number of paces taken per minute: double time; quick time.
- [Manège.]each completed action or movement of the horse.
- against time, in an effort to finish something within a limited period: We worked against time to get out the newspaper.
- ahead of time, before the time due;
early: The building was completed ahead of time.
- at one time:
in a former time: At one time they owned a restaurant.
- at the same time;
at once: They all tried to talk at one time.
- at the same time, nevertheless;
yet: I'd like to try it, but at the same time I'm a little afraid.
- at times, at intervals;
occasionally: At times the city becomes intolerable.
- beat someone's time, [Slang.]to compete for or win a person being dated or courted by another;
prevail over a rival: He accused me, his own brother, of trying to beat his time.
- behind the times, old-fashioned;
dated: These attitudes are behind the times.
- for the time being, temporarily;
for the present: Let's forget about it for the time being.
- from time to time, on occasion;
at intervals: She comes to see us from time to time.
- gain time, to postpone in order to make preparations or gain an advantage;
delay the outcome of: He hoped to gain time by putting off signing the papers for a few days more.
- in good time:
- at the right time;
- in advance of the right time;
early: We arrived at the appointed spot in good time.
- in no time, in a very brief time;
almost at once: Working together, they cleaned the entire house in no time.
- in time:
- early enough: to come in time for dinner.
- in the future;
eventually: In time he'll see what is right.
- in the correct rhythm or tempo: There would always be at least one child who couldn't play in time with the music.
- keep time:
- to record time, as a watch or clock does.
- to mark or observe the tempo.
- to perform rhythmic movements in unison.
- kill time, to occupy oneself with some activity to make time pass quickly: While I was waiting, I killed time counting the cars on the freight trains.
- make time:
- to move quickly, esp. in an attempt to recover lost time.
- to travel at a particular speed.
- make time with, [Slang.]to pursue or take as a sexual partner.
- many a time, again and again;
frequently: Many a time they didn't have enough to eat and went to bed hungry.
- mark time:
- to suspend progress temporarily, as to await developments;
fail to advance.
- to move the feet alternately as in marching, but without advancing.
- on one's own time, during one's free time;
without payment: He worked out more efficient production methods on his own time.
- on time:
- at the specified time;
- to be paid for within a designated period of time, as in installments: Many people are never out of debt because they buy everything on time.
- out of time, not in the proper rhythm: His singing was out of time with the music.
- pass the time of day, to converse briefly with or greet someone: The women would stop in the market to pass the time of day.
- take one's time, to be slow or leisurely;
dawdle: Speed was important here, but he just took his time.
- time after time, again and again;
often: I've told him time after time not to slam the door.
- time and time again, repeatedly;
often: Time and time again I warned her to stop smoking.Also, time and again.
- time of life, (one's) age: At your time of life you must be careful not to overdo things.
- time of one's life, [Informal.]an extremely enjoyable experience: They had the time of their lives on their trip to Europe.
- of, pertaining to, or showing the passage of time.
- (of an explosive device) containing a clock so that it will detonate at the desired moment: a time bomb.
- [Com.]payable at a stated period of time after presentment: time drafts or notes.
- of or pertaining to purchases on the installment plan, or with payment postponed.
- to measure or record the speed, duration, or rate of: to time a race.
- to fix the duration of: The proctor timed the test at 15 minutes.
- to fix the interval between (actions, events, etc.): They timed their strokes at six per minute.
- to regulate (a train, clock, etc.) as to time.
- to appoint or choose the moment or occasion for;
schedule: He timed the attack perfectly.
- to keep time;
sound or move in unison.
Bebe (bē;[unstressed]bē, bi),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. am, 2nd are or ([Archaic]) art, 3rd is, pres. pl. are* past sing. 1st pers. was, 2nd were or ([Archaic]) wast or wert, 3rd was, past pl. were;
pres. subj. be;
past subj. sing. 1st pers. were, 2nd were or ([Archaic]) wert, 3rd were;
past subj. pl. were;
past part. been;
pres. part. be•ing.
- to exist or live: Shakespeare's "To be or not to be'' is the ultimate question.
- to take place;
occur: The wedding was last week.
- to occupy a place or position: The book is on the table.
- to continue or remain as before: Let things be.
- to belong;
befall: May good fortune be with you.
- (used as a copula to connect the subject with its predicate adjective, or predicate nominative, in order to describe, identify, or amplify the subject): Martha is tall. John is president. This is she.
- (used as a copula to introduce or form interrogative or imperative sentences): Is that right? Be quiet! Don't be facetious.
- (used with the present participle of another verb to form the progressive tense): I am waiting.
- (used with the present participle or infinitive of the principal verb to indicate future action): She is visiting there next week. He is to see me today.
- (used with the past participle of another verb to form the passive voice): The date was fixed. It must be done.
- (used in archaic or literary constructions with some intransitive verbs to form the perfect tense): He is come. Agamemnon to the wars is gone.
Pleasantpleas•ant (plez′ənt),USA pronunciation adj.
- pleasing, agreeable, or enjoyable;
giving pleasure: pleasant news.
- (of persons, manners, disposition, etc.) socially acceptable or adept;
- fair, as weather: a pleasant summer day.
- [Archaic.]gay, sprightly, or merry.
- [Obs.]jocular or facetious.
Experienceex•pe•ri•ence (ik spēr′ē əns),USA pronunciation n., v., -enced, -enc•ing.
- a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something: My encounter with the bear in the woods was a frightening experience.
- the process or fact of personally observing, encountering, or undergoing something: business experience.
- the observing, encountering, or undergoing of things generally as they occur in the course of time: to learn from experience; the range of human experience.
- knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone: a man of experience.
- the totality of the cognitions given by perception;
all that is perceived, understood, and remembered.
- to have experience of;
feel: to experience nausea.
- to learn by experience.
- experience religion, to undergo a spiritual conversion by which one gains or regains faith in God.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;