Hello guys, this photo is about Heavenly Bed Mattress #5 Delivery Time May Vary Based On Your Area Thus It Is Considerably Fine If The Product Take So Long To Reach You.. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 688 x 458. It's file size is only 20 KB. If You decided to save It to Your computer, you may Click here. You also too download more pictures by clicking the image below or see more at here: Heavenly Bed Mattress.
6 pictures of Heavenly Bed Mattress #5 Delivery Time May Vary Based On Your Area Thus It Is Considerably Fine If The Product Take So Long To Reach You.
Heavenly Bed Mattress #5 Delivery Time May Vary Based On Your Area Thus It Is Considerably Fine If The Product Take So Long To Reach You. on the deck of the home will make your home star that is minimalist so your design of the rooftop should really be perfect, seems stylish and lavish. This luxury may also give the impression to be about the front porch relaxed minimalism and appears more wonderful to appear from the outside.
Among the elements that make a comfortable property witnessed from the vision, looked magnificent and perfect home is Heavenly Bed Mattress #5 Delivery Time May Vary Based On Your Area Thus It Is Considerably Fine If The Product Take So Long To Reach You.. With the variety and proper laying of ceramic flooring, the suites were tedious can be converted in to an area that looks lavish and large.
Heavenly Bed Mattress get to be the most critical factor in floor for your home's choice. In the event the ground your shade choose too dim if you have a tiny property minimalist this can produce your house interior look satisfied uncomfortable and claustrophobic.
Every one of that can be noticed by deciding on the best floor when it comes to shades and motifs. Shades are pure and bright coloring age, typically the most popular alternative today, because these colors provides magnificent environment and an appropriate setting trendy of elegance.
Whenever we vary in that area, a popular impression is, tranquil, and cozy. Thus the colour of the hardwood surfaces would you pick you give consideration , nor be underestimated, since one of ceramic colors can decide the beauty of your home should really.
your household will not feel cozy sitting at home so as to create your family members' negative aftereffects as well as if we feel unpleasant inside the property, then you end up like to play outside the home. When there are two hues together with the dimension of the location of the space inside the room exactly the same colour of the floor you can view the difference however they will vary.
Heavenlyheav•en•ly (hev′ən lē),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or in the heavens: the heavenly bodies.
- of, belonging to, or coming from the heaven of God, the angels, etc.
- resembling or befitting heaven;
beautiful: His home in Tahiti was a heavenly spot.
- divine or celestial: heavenly peace.
Bedbed (bed),USA pronunciation n., v., bed•ded, bed•ding.
- a piece of furniture upon which or within which a person sleeps, rests, or stays when not well.
- the mattress and bedclothes together with the bedstead of a bed.
- the bedstead alone.
- the act of or time for sleeping: Now for a cup of cocoa and then bed.
- the use of a bed for the night;
lodging: I reserved a bed at the old inn.
- the marital relationship.
- any resting place: making his bed under a tree.
- something resembling a bed in form or position.
- a piece or area of ground in a garden or lawn in which plants are grown.
- an area in a greenhouse in which plants are grown.
- the plants in such areas.
- the bottom of a lake, river, sea, or other body of water.
- a piece or part forming a foundation or base.
- a layer of rock;
- a foundation surface of earth or rock supporting a track, pavement, or the like: a gravel bed for the roadway.
- the underside of a stone, brick, slate, tile, etc., laid in position.
- the upper side of a stone laid in position.
- the layer of mortar in which a brick, stone, etc., is laid.
- the natural stratification of a stone: a stone laid on bed.
- skirt (def. 6b).
- the flat surface in a printing press on which the form of type is laid.
- the body or, sometimes, the floor or bottom of a truck or trailer.
- a compact mass of a substance functioning in a reaction as a catalyst or reactant.
- the canvas surface of a trampoline.
- the smooth, wooden floor of a bowling alley.
- the slate surface of a billiard table to which the cloth is fastened.
- flesh enveloping the base of a claw, esp. the germinative layer beneath the claw.
- Also called mock, mock mold. [Shipbuilding.]a shaped steel pattern upon which furnaced plates for the hull of a vessel are hammered to shape.
- See bed and board.
- get up on the wrong side of the bed, to be irritable or bad-tempered from the start of a day: Never try to reason with him when he's gotten up on the wrong side of the bed.
- go to bed:
- to retire, esp. for the night.
- to engage in sexual relations.
- go to bed with, to have sexual intercourse with.
- in bed:
- beneath the covers of a bed.
- engaged in sexual intercourse.
- jump or get into bed with, to form a close, often temporary, alliance, usually with an unlikely ally: Industry was charged with jumping into bed with labor on the issue.
- make a bed, to fit a bed with sheets and blankets.
- make one's bed, to be responsible for one's own actions and their results: You've made your bed--now lie in it.
- put to bed:
- to help (a child, invalid, etc.) go to bed.
- to lock up (forms) in a press in preparation for printing.
- to work on the preparation of (an edition of a newspaper, periodical, etc.) up to the time of going to press.
- to provide with a bed.
- to put to bed.
- [Hort.]to plant in or as in a bed.
- to lay flat.
- to place in a bed or layer: to bed oysters.
- to embed, as in a substance: bedding the flagstones in concrete.
- to take or accompany to bed for purposes of sexual intercourse.
- to have sleeping accommodations: He says we can bed there for the night.
- to form a compact layer or stratum.
- (of a metal structural part) to lie flat or close against another part.
- [Archaic.]to go to bed.
- bed down:
- to make a bed for (a person, animal, etc.).
- to retire to bed: They put out the fire and decided to bed down for the night.
Mattressmat•tress (ma′tris),USA pronunciation n.
- a large pad for supporting the reclining body, used as or on a bed, consisting of a quilted or similarly fastened case, usually of heavy cloth, that contains hair, straw, cotton, foam rubber, etc., or a framework of metal springs.
- See air mattress.
- a mat woven of brush, poles, or similar material, used to prevent erosion of the surface of dikes, jetties, embankments, dams, etc.
- a layer of concrete placed on bare ground, as to provide a footing;
- a layer of any material used to cushion, protect, reinforce, or the like.
Deliveryde•liv•er•y (di liv′ə rē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -er•ies.
- the carrying and turning over of letters, goods, etc., to a designated recipient or recipients.
- a giving up or handing over;
- the utterance or enunciation of words.
- vocal and bodily behavior during the presentation of a speech: a speaker's fine delivery.
- the act or manner of giving or sending forth: the pitcher's fine delivery of the ball.
- the state of being delivered of or giving birth to a child;
- something delivered: The delivery is late today.
- [Com.]a shipment of goods from the seller to the buyer.
- a formal act performed to make a transfer of property legally effective: a delivery ofdeed.
- Also called deliv′ery end′. the part of a printing press where the paper emerges in printed form.
- [Archaic.]release or rescue;
Timetime (tīm),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., timed, tim•ing.
- the system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future;
indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.
- duration regarded as belonging to the present life as distinct from the life to come or from eternity;
- (sometimes cap.) a system or method of measuring or reckoning the passage of time: mean time; apparent time; Greenwich Time.
- a limited period or interval, as between two successive events: a long time.
- a particular period considered as distinct from other periods: Youth is the best time of life.
- Often, times.
- a period in the history of the world, or contemporary with the life or activities of a notable person: prehistoric times; in Lincoln's time.
- the period or era now or previously present: a sign of the times; How times have changed!
- a period considered with reference to its events or prevailing conditions, tendencies, ideas, etc.: hard times; a time of war.
- a prescribed or allotted period, as of one's life, for payment of a debt, etc.
- the end of a prescribed or allotted period, as of one's life or a pregnancy: His time had come, but there was no one left to mourn over him. When her time came, her husband accompanied her to the delivery room.
- a period with reference to personal experience of a specified kind: to have a good time; a hot time in the old town tonight.
- a period of work of an employee, or the pay for it;
working hours or days or an hourly or daily pay rate.
- a term of enforced duty or imprisonment: to serve time in the army; do time in prison.
- the period necessary for or occupied by something: The time of the baseball game was two hours and two minutes. The bus takes too much time, so I'll take a plane.
- leisure time;
sufficient or spare time: to have time for a vacation; I have no time to stop now.
- a particular or definite point in time, as indicated by a clock: What time is it?
- a particular part of a year, day, etc.;
season or period: It's time for lunch.
- an appointed, fit, due, or proper instant or period: a time for sowing; the time when the sun crosses the meridian; There is a time for everything.
- the particular point in time when an event is scheduled to take place: train time; curtain time.
- an indefinite, frequently prolonged period or duration in the future: Time will tell if what we have done here today was right.
- the right occasion or opportunity: to watch one's time.
- each occasion of a recurring action or event: to do a thing five times; It's the pitcher's time at bat.
- times, used as a multiplicative word in phrasal combinations expressing how many instances of a quantity or factor are taken together: Two goes into six three times; five times faster.
- [Drama.]one of the three unities. Cf. unity (def. 8).
- [Pros.]a unit or a group of units in the measurement of meter.
relative rapidity of movement.
- the metrical duration of a note or rest.
- proper or characteristic tempo.
- the general movement of a particular kind of musical composition with reference to its rhythm, metrical structure, and tempo.
- the movement of a dance or the like to music so arranged: waltz time.
- rate of marching, calculated on the number of paces taken per minute: double time; quick time.
- [Manège.]each completed action or movement of the horse.
- against time, in an effort to finish something within a limited period: We worked against time to get out the newspaper.
- ahead of time, before the time due;
early: The building was completed ahead of time.
- at one time:
in a former time: At one time they owned a restaurant.
- at the same time;
at once: They all tried to talk at one time.
- at the same time, nevertheless;
yet: I'd like to try it, but at the same time I'm a little afraid.
- at times, at intervals;
occasionally: At times the city becomes intolerable.
- beat someone's time, [Slang.]to compete for or win a person being dated or courted by another;
prevail over a rival: He accused me, his own brother, of trying to beat his time.
- behind the times, old-fashioned;
dated: These attitudes are behind the times.
- for the time being, temporarily;
for the present: Let's forget about it for the time being.
- from time to time, on occasion;
at intervals: She comes to see us from time to time.
- gain time, to postpone in order to make preparations or gain an advantage;
delay the outcome of: He hoped to gain time by putting off signing the papers for a few days more.
- in good time:
- at the right time;
- in advance of the right time;
early: We arrived at the appointed spot in good time.
- in no time, in a very brief time;
almost at once: Working together, they cleaned the entire house in no time.
- in time:
- early enough: to come in time for dinner.
- in the future;
eventually: In time he'll see what is right.
- in the correct rhythm or tempo: There would always be at least one child who couldn't play in time with the music.
- keep time:
- to record time, as a watch or clock does.
- to mark or observe the tempo.
- to perform rhythmic movements in unison.
- kill time, to occupy oneself with some activity to make time pass quickly: While I was waiting, I killed time counting the cars on the freight trains.
- make time:
- to move quickly, esp. in an attempt to recover lost time.
- to travel at a particular speed.
- make time with, [Slang.]to pursue or take as a sexual partner.
- many a time, again and again;
frequently: Many a time they didn't have enough to eat and went to bed hungry.
- mark time:
- to suspend progress temporarily, as to await developments;
fail to advance.
- to move the feet alternately as in marching, but without advancing.
- on one's own time, during one's free time;
without payment: He worked out more efficient production methods on his own time.
- on time:
- at the specified time;
- to be paid for within a designated period of time, as in installments: Many people are never out of debt because they buy everything on time.
- out of time, not in the proper rhythm: His singing was out of time with the music.
- pass the time of day, to converse briefly with or greet someone: The women would stop in the market to pass the time of day.
- take one's time, to be slow or leisurely;
dawdle: Speed was important here, but he just took his time.
- time after time, again and again;
often: I've told him time after time not to slam the door.
- time and time again, repeatedly;
often: Time and time again I warned her to stop smoking.Also, time and again.
- time of life, (one's) age: At your time of life you must be careful not to overdo things.
- time of one's life, [Informal.]an extremely enjoyable experience: They had the time of their lives on their trip to Europe.
- of, pertaining to, or showing the passage of time.
- (of an explosive device) containing a clock so that it will detonate at the desired moment: a time bomb.
- [Com.]payable at a stated period of time after presentment: time drafts or notes.
- of or pertaining to purchases on the installment plan, or with payment postponed.
- to measure or record the speed, duration, or rate of: to time a race.
- to fix the duration of: The proctor timed the test at 15 minutes.
- to fix the interval between (actions, events, etc.): They timed their strokes at six per minute.
- to regulate (a train, clock, etc.) as to time.
- to appoint or choose the moment or occasion for;
schedule: He timed the attack perfectly.
- to keep time;
sound or move in unison.
Maymay1 (mā),USA pronunciation auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. may, 2nd may or ([Archaic]) may•est or mayst, 3rd may;
pres. pl. may;
- (used to express possibility): It may rain.
- (used to express opportunity or permission): You may enter.
- (used to express contingency, esp. in clauses indicating condition, concession, purpose, result, etc.): I may be wrong but I think you would be wise to go. Times may change but human nature stays the same.
- (used to express wish or prayer): May you live to an old age.
- [Archaic.](used to express ability or power.) Cf. might1 .
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Youryour (yŏŏr, yôr, yōr; unstressed yər),USA pronunciation pron.
- (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea.Cf. yours.
- one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
- (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
Areaar•e•a (âr′ē ə),USA pronunciation n.
- any particular extent of space or surface;
part: the dark areas in the painting; the dusty area of the room.
- a geographical region;
tract: the Chicago area; the unsettled areas along the frontier.
- any section reserved for a specific function: the business area of a town; the dining area of a house.
- extent, range, or scope: inquiries that embrace the whole area of science.
- field of study, or a branch of a field of study: Related areas of inquiry often reflect borrowed notions.
- a piece of unoccupied ground;
an open space.
- the space or site on which a building stands;
the yard attached to or surrounding a house.
- areaway (def. 1).
- the quantitative measure of a plane or curved surface;
- a zone of the cerebral cortex having a specific function: The damage to Broca's area affected his speech.
Itit1 (it),USA pronunciation pron., nom. it, poss. its or ([Obs.]or[Dial.]) it, obj. it;
pl. nom. they, poss. their or theirs, obj. them;
- (used to represent an inanimate thing understood, previously mentioned, about to be mentioned, or present in the immediate context): It has whitewall tires and red upholstery. You can't tell a book by its cover.
- (used to represent a person or animal understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned whose gender is unknown or disregarded): It was the largest ever caught off the Florida coast. Who was it? It was John. The horse had its saddle on.
- (used to represent a group understood or previously mentioned): The judge told the jury it must decide two issues.
- (used to represent a concept or abstract idea understood or previously stated): It all started with Adam and Eve. He has been taught to believe it all his life.
- (used to represent an action or activity understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned): Since you don't like it, you don't have to go skiing.
- (used as the impersonal subject of the verb to be, esp. to refer to time, distance, or the weather): It is six o'clock. It is five miles to town. It was foggy.
- (used in statements expressing an action, condition, fact, circumstance, or situation without reference to an agent): If it weren't for Edna, I wouldn't go.
- (used in referring to something as the origin or cause of pain, pleasure, etc.): Where does it hurt? It looks bad for the candidate.
- (used in referring to a source not specifically named or described): It is said that love is blind.
- (used in referring to the general state of affairs;
circumstances, fate, or life in general): How's it going with you?
- (used as an anticipatory subject or object to make a sentence more eloquent or suspenseful or to shift emphasis): It is necessary that you do your duty. It was a gun that he was carrying.
- [Informal.](used instead of the pronoun its before a gerund): It having rained for only one hour didn't help the crops.
- (in children's games) the player called upon to perform some task, as, in tag, the one who must catch the other players.
- sex appeal.
- sexual intercourse.
- get with it, [Slang.]to become active or interested: He was warned to get with it or resign.
- have it, [Informal.]
- to love someone: She really has it bad for him.
- to possess the requisite abilities for something;
be talented, adept, or proficient: In this business youeither have it or you don't.
- with it, [Slang.]
- aware of the latest fads, fashions, etc.;
- attentive or alert: I'm just not with it early in the morning.
- understanding or appreciative of something, as jazz.
- Carnival Slang. being a member of the carnival.
Isis (iz),USA pronunciation v.
- 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of be.
- as is. See as 1 (def. 21).
Ifif (if ),USA pronunciation conj.
- in case that;
granting or supposing that;
on condition that: Sing if you want to. Stay indoors if it rains. I'll go if you do.
- even though: an enthusiastic if small audience.
- whether: He asked if I knew Spanish.
- (used to introduce an exclamatory phrase): If only Dad could see me now!
- when or whenever: If it was raining, we had to play inside.
- a supposition;
uncertain possibility: The future is full of ifs.
- a condition, requirement, or stipulation: There are too many ifs in his agreement.
- ifs, ands, or buts, reservations, restrictions, or excuses: I want that job finished today, and no ifs, ands, or buts.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Productprod•uct (prod′əkt, -ukt),USA pronunciation n.
- a thing produced by labor: products of farm and factory; the product of his thought.
- a person or thing produced by or resulting from a process, as a natural, social, or historical one;
result: He is a product of his time.
- the totality of goods or services that a company makes available;
output: a decrease in product during the past year.
- a substance obtained from another substance through chemical change.
- the result obtained by multiplying two or more quantities together.
- intersection (def. 3a).
Taketake (tāk),USA pronunciation v., took, tak•en, tak•ing, n.
- to get into one's hold or possession by voluntary action: to take a cigarette out of a box; to take a pen and begin to write.
- to hold, grasp, or grip: to take a book in one's hand; to take a child by the hand.
- to get into one's hands, possession, control, etc., by force or artifice: to take a bone from a snarling dog.
- to seize or capture: to take an enemy town; to take a prisoner.
- to catch or get (fish, game, etc.), esp. by killing: to take a dozen trout on a good afternoon.
- to pick from a number;
select: Take whichever you wish.
- to receive and accept willingly (something given or offered): to take a compliment with a smile; to take a bribe.
- to receive or be the recipient of (something bestowed, administered, etc.): to take first prize.
- to accept and act upon or comply with: to take advice; to take a dare.
- to receive or accept (a person) into some relation: to take someone in marriage; to take new members once a year.
- to receive, react, or respond to in a specified manner: Although she kept calm, she took his death hard.
- to receive as a payment or charge: He refused to take any money for the use of his car.
- to gain for use by payment, lease, etc.: to take a box at the opera; to take a beach house for a month.
- to secure regularly or periodically by payment: to take a magazine.
- to get or obtain from a source;
derive: The book takes its title from Dante.
- to extract or quote: He took whole passages straight from Dickens.
- to obtain or exact as compensation for some wrong: to take revenge.
- to receive into the body or system, as by swallowing or inhaling: to take a pill; to take a breath of fresh air.
- to have for one's benefit or use: to take a meal; to take a nap; to take a bath.
- to use as a flavoring agent in a food or beverage: to take sugar in one's coffee.
- to be subjected to;
undergo: to take a heat treatment.
- to endure or submit to with equanimity or without an appreciable weakening of one's resistance: to take a joke; unable to take punishment.
- to enter into the enjoyment of (recreation, a holiday, etc.): to take a vacation.
- to carry off without permission: to take something that belongs to another.
- to remove: to take the pins out of one's hair.
- to remove by death: The flood took many families.
- to end (a life): She took her own life.
- to subtract or deduct: If you take 2 from 5, that leaves 3.
- to carry with one: Take your lunch with you. Are you taking an umbrella?
- to convey in a means of transportation: We took them for a ride in the country.
- (of a vehicle) to convey or transport: Will this bus take me across town?
- (of a road, path, etc.) to serve as a means of conducting to or through some place or region: Fifth Avenue took us through the center of town. These stairs will take you up to the attic.
- to bring about a change in the state or condition of: Her ambition and perseverance took her quickly to the top of her field.
- to conduct or escort: to take someone out for dinner.
- to set about or succeed in getting over, through, or around (some obstacle);
negotiate: The horse took the hedge easily. He took the corner at top speed.
- to come upon suddenly;
catch: to take someone by surprise.
- to get or contract;
catch: He took cold over the weekend. I took a chill.
- to attack or affect, as with a disease: suddenly taken with a fit of coughing.
- to be capable of attaining as a result of some action or treatment: Most leathers take a high polish.
- to absorb or become impregnated with;
be susceptible to: Waxed paper will not take ink. This cloth takes dye.
- to attract and hold: The red sweater took his eye. The urgent voice took her attention.
- to captivate or charm: The kitten took my fancy.
- to require: It takes courage to do that. The climb took all our strength.
- to employ for some specified or implied purpose: to take measures to curb drugs.
- to use as a means of transportation: to take a bus to the ferry.
- to get on or board (a means of transportation) at a given time or in a given place: She takes the train at Scarsdale.
- to proceed to occupy: to take a seat.
- to occupy;
fill (time, space, etc.): His hobby takes most of his spare time. The machine takes a lot of room.
- to use up;
consume: This car takes a great deal of oil. He took ten minutes to solve the problem.
- to avail oneself of: He took the opportunity to leave. She took the time to finish it properly.
- to do, perform, execute, etc.: to take a walk.
- to go into or enter: Take the next road to the left.
- to adopt and enter upon (a way, course, etc.): to take the path of least resistance.
- to act or perform: to take the part of the hero.
- to make (a reproduction, picture, or photograph): to take home movies of the children.
- to make a picture, esp. a photograph, of: The photographer took us sitting down.
- to write down: to take a letter in shorthand; to take notes at a lecture.
- to apply oneself to;
study: to take ballet; She took four courses in her freshman year.
- to deal with;
treat: to take things in their proper order.
- to proceed to handle in some manner: to take a matter under consideration.
- to assume or undertake (a function, duty, job, etc.): The mayor took office last month.
- to assume or adopt (a symbol, badge, or the like) as a token of office: to take the veil; to take the throne.
- to assume the obligation of;
be bound by: to take an oath.
- to assume or adopt as one's own: to take someone's part in an argument; He took the side of the speaker.
- to assume or appropriate as if by right: to take credit for someone else's work.
- to accept the burden of: She took the blame for his failure.
- to determine by inquiry, examination, measurement, scientific observation, etc.: to take someone's pulse; to take a census.
- to make or carry out for purposes of yielding such a determination: to take someone's measurements; to take a seismographic reading.
- to begin to have;
experience (a certain feeling or state of mind): to take pride in one's appearance.
- to form and hold in the mind: to take a gloomy view.
- to grasp or apprehend mentally;
comprehend: Do you take my meaning, sir?
- to understand in a specified way: You shouldn't take the remark as an insult.
- to grasp the meaning of (a person): if we take him correctly.
- to accept the statements of: to take him at his word.
- to assume as a fact: I take it that you will be there.
- to regard or consider: They were taken to be wealthy.
- to capture or win (a piece, trick, etc.) in a game.
- to cheat, swindle, or victimize: They really take people in that shop. The museum got taken on that painting.
- to win or obtain money from: He took me for $10 in the poker game.
- (of a man) to have sexual intercourse with.
- to be used with (a certain form, accent, case, mood, etc.): a verb that always takes an object.
- to acquire property, as on the happening of an event: They take a fortune under the will.
- [Baseball.](of a batter) to allow (a pitch) to go by without swinging at it: He took a third strike.
- to catch or engage, as a mechanical device: She turned the key and heard a click as the catch took.
- to strike root or begin to grow, as a plant.
- to adhere, as ink, dye, or color.
- (of a person or thing) to win favor or acceptance: a new TV show that took with the public.
- to have the intended result or effect, as a medicine, inoculation, etc.: The vaccination took.
- to enter into possession, as of an estate.
- to detract (usually fol. by from).
- to apply or devote oneself: He took to his studies.
- to make one's way;
go: to take across the meadow.
- to fall or become: She took sick and had to go home.
- to admit of being photographed in a particular manner: a model who takes exceptionally well.
- to admit of being moved or separated: This crib takes apart for easy storage.
- take after:
- to resemble (another person, as a parent) physically, temperamentally, etc.: The baby took after his mother.
- Also, take off after, take out after. to follow;
chase: The detective took after the burglars.
- take back:
- to regain possession of: to take back one's lawn mower.
- to return, as for exchange: It was defective, so I took it back to the store.
- to allow to return;
resume a relationship with: She said she would never take him back again.
- to cause to remember: It takes one back to the old days.
- to retract: to take back a statement.
- take down:
- to move from a higher to a lower level or place.
- to pull apart or take apart;
- to write down;
- to diminish the pride or arrogance of;
humble: to take someone down a notch or two.
- take for:
- to assume to be: I took it for the truth.
- to assume falsely to be;
mistake for: to be taken for a foreigner.
- take for granted. See grant (def. 6).
- take in:
- to permit to enter;
- to alter (an article of clothing) so as to make smaller.
- to provide lodging for.
- to include;
- to grasp the meaning of;
- to deceive;
- to observe;
- to visit or attend: to take in a show.
- to furl (a sail).
- to receive as proceeds, as from business activity.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to subscribe to: to take in a magazine.
- take it:
- to accept or believe something;
aquiesce: I'll take it on your say-so.
- to be able to resist or endure hardship, abuse, etc.
- to understand: I take it that you're not interested.
- take it out in, to accept as payment for services or as an equivalent of monetary compensation: He takes it out in goods instead of cash.
- take it out of:
- to exhaust;
enervate: Every year the winter takes it out of me.
- to exact payment from;
penalize: They took it out of your pay.
- take it out on, to cause (someone else) to suffer for one's own misfortune or dissatisfaction: Just because you're angry with him you don't have to take it out on me!
- take off:
- to remove: Take off your coat.
- to lead away: The child was taken off by kidnappers.
- to depart;
leave: They took off yesterday for California.
- to leave the ground, as an airplane.
- to move onward or forward with a sudden or intense burst of speed: The police car took off after the drunken driver.
- to withdraw or remove from: She was taken off the night shift.
- to remove by death;
kill: Millions were taken off by the Black Plague.
- to make a likeness or copy of;
- to subtract, as a discount;
deduct: Shop early and we'll take off 20 percent.
- [Informal.]to imitate;
- [Informal.]to achieve sudden, marked growth, success, etc.: Sales took off just before Christmas. The actor's career took off after his role in that movie.
- take on:
- to hire;
- to undertake;
assume: to take on new responsibilities.
- to acquire: The situation begins to take on a new light.
- to accept as a challenge;
contend against: to take on a bully.
- to show great emotion;
become excited: There's no need to take on so.
- take out:
- to withdraw;
remove: to take out a handkerchief.
- to procure by application: to take out an insurance policy.
- to carry out for use or consumption elsewhere: to take a book out of the library; to get food to take out.
- to escort;
invite: He takes out my sister now and then.
- to set out;
start: They took out for the nearest beach.
- to kill;
- take over, to assume management or possession of or responsibility for: The first officer took over the ship when the captain suffered a heart attack.
- take to:
- to devote or apply oneself to;
become habituated to: to take to drink.
- to respond favorably to;
begin to like: They took to each other at once.
- to go to: to take to one's bed.
- to have recourse to;
resort to: She took to getting up at five to go jogging before work.
- take up:
- to occupy oneself with the study or practice of: She took up painting in her spare time.
- to lift or pick up: He took up the fallen leaves with a rake.
- to occupy;
cover: A grand piano would take up half of our living room.
- to consume;
absorb: Traveling to her job takes up a great deal of time.
- to begin to advocate or support;
sponsor: He has taken up another struggling artist.
- to continue;
resume: We took up where we had left off.
- to reply to in order to reprove: The author takes up his critics in the preface of his latest book.
- to assume: He took up the duties of the presidency.
- to absorb: Use a sponge to take up the spilled milk.
- to make shorter, as by hemming: to take up the sleeves an inch.
- to make tighter, as by winding in: to take up the slack in a reel of tape.
- to deal with in discussion: to take up the issue of mass transit.
- to adopt seriously: to take up the idea of seeking public office.
- to accept, as an offer or challenge.
- to buy as much as is offered: The sale was taken up in a matter of days.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to clear by paying off, as a loan.
- [Obs.]to arrest (esp. a runaway slave).
- take up a collection, to ask for or gather donations, usually of money, from a number of people.
- take upon oneself, to assume as a responsibility or obligation: She has taken it upon herself to support the family.
- take up with, to become friendly with;
keep company with: He took up with a bad crowd.
tak′a•ble, take′a•ble, adj.
- the act of taking.
- something that is taken.
- the quantity of fish, game, etc., taken at one time.
- an opinion or assessment: What's your take on the candidate?
- an approach;
treatment: a new take on an old idea.
- money taken in, esp. profits.
- a portion of copy assigned to a Linotype operator or compositor, usually part of a story or article.
- [Motion Pictures.]
- a scene, or a portion of a scene, photographed without any interruption or break.
- an instance of such continuous operation of the camera.
- a visual and mental response to something typically manifested in a stare expressing total absorption or wonderment: She did a slow take on being asked by reporters the same question for the third time.
- a recording of a musical performance.
- a successful inoculation.
- on the take:
- accepting bribes.
- in search of personal profit at the expense of others.
Longlong1 (lông, long),USA pronunciation adj. long•er (lông′gər, long′-),USA pronunciation long•est
(lông′gist, long′-),USA pronunciation n., adv.
- having considerable linear extent in space: a long distance; a long handle.
- having considerable duration in time: a long conversation; a long while.
- extending, lasting, or totaling a number of specified units: eight miles long; eight hours long.
- containing many items or units: a long list.
- requiring a considerable time to relate, read, etc.: a long story.
- extending beyond normal or moderate limits: a long, boring speech.
- experienced as passing slowly, because of the difficulty, tedium, or unpleasantness involved: long years of study.
- reaching well into the past: a long memory.
- the longer of two or the longest of several: the long way home; a brick with the long side exposed.
- taking a long time;
slow: He's certainly long getting here.
- forward-looking or considering all aspects;
broad: to take a long view of life.
- intense, thorough, or critical;
seriously appraising: a long look at one's past mistakes.
- having an ample supply or endowment of something (often fol. by on): to be long on advice; to be long on brains.
- having a considerable time to run, as a promissory note.
- [Chiefly Law.]distant or remote in time: a long date.
- extending relatively far: a man with a long reach.
- being higher or taller than usual: long casement windows.
- being against great odds;
unlikely: a long chance.
- (of beverages) mixed or diluted with a large amount of soda, seltzer, etc.: highballs, collinses, and other long drinks.
- (of the head or skull) of more than ordinary length from front to back.
- lasting a relatively long time: "Feed'' has a longer sound than "feet'' or "fit.''
- belonging to a class of sounds considered as usually longer in duration than another class, as the vowel of bought as compared to that of but, and in many languages serving as a distinctive feature of phonemes, as the ah in German Bahn in contrast with the a in Bann, or the tt in Italian fatto in contrast with the t in fato (opposed to short).
- having the sound of the English vowels in mate, meet, mite, mote, moot, and mute, historically descended from vowels that were long in duration.
- [Pros.](of a syllable in quantitative verse) lasting a longer time than a short syllable.
- [Finance.]holding or accumulating stocks, futures, commodities, etc., with the expectation of a rise in prices: a long position in chemicals.
- marked by a large difference in the numbers of the given betting ratio or in the amounts wagered: long odds.
- of or pertaining to the larger amount bet.
- (of clay) very plastic;
- a comparatively long time: They haven't been gone for long. Will it take long?
- something that is long: The signal was two longs and a short.
- a size of garment for men who are taller than average.
- a garment, as a suit or overcoat, in this size: The shorts and the longs are hung separately.
- [Finance.]a person who accumulates or holds stocks or commodities with the expectation of a rise in prices.
- before long, soon: We should have news of her whereabouts before long.
- the long and the short of, the point or gist of;
substance of: The long and the short of it is that they will be forced to sell all their holdings.Also, the long and short of.
- for or through a great extent of space or, esp., time: a reform long advocated.
- for or throughout a specified extent, esp. of time: How long did he stay?
- (used elliptically in referring to the length of an absence, delay, etc.): Will she be long?
- throughout a specified period of time (usually used to emphasize a preceding noun): It's been muggy all summer long.
- at a point of time far distant from the time indicated: long before.
- as long as:
- provided that: As long as you can come by six, I'll be here.
- seeing that;
since: As long as you're going to the grocery anyway, buy me a pint of ice cream.
- Also, so long as. during the time that;
through the period that: As long as we were neighbors, they never invited us inside their house.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).